From the author of Maximize Your Super Powers, Dr. Cruz
To live a life of Greatness, you need to shift. What does that mean? It means to incorporate new strategies so you can live better, plan smarter, be more present, and execute more effectively. These six strategies helped my life shift and I assure you they will help your life shift as well.
1. Before you go to sleep, make the conscious decision that when you wake up you will immediately take a couple of deep breaths to center your mind and your body before you do anything else. When you awaken, don’t check your email or social media. If it’s helpful, use a separate alarm clock from your phone so that you’re not tempted to check your phone. You must learn to be deliberate about how you move in life. From the moment you gain consciousness to the time you go to sleep, be aware of the moment. Be a deliberate being, not robotic in your typical ways of being.
2. Plan your week on Sunday, then review each new day the night before. This helps you wake up each morning focused to hit the ground running. When you fail to plan you plan to fail, undisputedly! How do you get ahead of life? How can you shift the influence on your own life? Deliberately plan what needs to get done before the day it needs to get done. We all have 24 hours in a day. Some people are just more effective at strategizing their time and therefore, applying their energy to certain tasks. Every second counts and when you’re serious about the results you want to create for you life, you will be serious about planning your time wisely.
3. Control your calendar; don’t let it control you. Great leaders wag the tail; they don’t let the tail wag them. Stay in control of where you place your focus and how your time is used. Use it judiciusly. Each line on your calendar is available for you to dictate. White space usually means wasted time when not accounted for. When you create goals for you life you realize time flies. It can get away from even the best of us. Nonetheless, there is opportunity there for you to become more aware of the power of using your calendar to guide your day. Effectiveness comes from being efficient.
4. Visualize how you want your day to go before getting out of bed and feel your sincere thankfulness for at least 3 things to calibrate your energy. Visualization is the best technique to bring fort thought form into reality. Why? Because you are essentially downloading invisible software into your mainframe (your brain). You have the ability to control your brain but most people live their lives in reaction to their brain. It behooves us to ask, "whose brain is it anyway? It’s your brain. Does your car drive you or do you drive your car? It’s the same concept. Get in the driver’s seat of your mind and control it. Do you ever wonder how dreams come true? One must first dream. What is visualizing? It is dreaming in great detail. If you can see it, you can achieve it. If not, you continue to let life take you in the direction it wants to take you. The choice truly is up to you. The important thing to know is that you have this majestic power. When you incorporate emotions of gratitude with visualization, you essentially have activated your super powers because neuroscience research has confirmed that feelings of gratitude rewire the brain to think in a certain way. When that becomes a habit, it begins to happen automatically.
5. Brush your teeth 2x a day, gargle, and floss. This habit taught me disciple. The bonus is that it’s a healthy habit (that most people overlook). This discipline taught me to pay attention to the small things that I would otherwise not want to do because as humans we seek the path of least resistance, meaning we are naturally lazy. It takes discipline to do the right thing when we would rather not. What small things did this habit empower me to be disciplined over? Washing all the dishes at night when I’d rather just go to bed, sweeping the front porch instead of overlooking the dirt and leaves, and ultimately becoming more alert to other little things in my life that have a huge lasting impact like shutting off lights when I’m not using them.
6. Force yourself to network with “next level” people who you ordinarily would not. I view each new person I meet as my rehearsal partner for that one person I'll eventually meet who will help sky rocket my net worth. I literally force myself to be comfortable in uncomfortable situations so I can stretch my comfortably. Yesterday I took it upon myself to introduce myself to a judge and two prosecutors, and today I’m a better person for it. Look for the opportunities to expand your wings so that you can learn to fly higher, stronger, and longer. Great people excel. They keep challenging themselves to become better at things that will improve their positioning in life. They are aware of the power of "shifting". I hope you will be open to challenging yourself to find at least one thing each week to become comfortable doing that you otherwise would rather not. I believe one day you will be glad you did.
To Your Best Destiny!